Home / Personal Legal Services / Employment / Licence for an employee to occupy residential accommodation
Compatible region(s): England & Wales Northern Ireland

Licence for an employee to occupy residential accommodation

This is a licence for an employee to occupy property owned by their employer on the basis that it is necessary for the employee to live in the property for the better performance of their duties. If this basis cannot be established then the employee will have a tenancy agreement and not a licence.

If an employer has a lease for the property (usually associated with ownership of flats) or is renting the property from a third party, then it should check if it needs permission from the landlord before granting this licence.

If the employee will have others living with them in the property (such as their family) then employers in England should check whether those individuals have a legal right to live (known as 'the right to rent') in the UK, before allowing them to live in the property.

This document is suitable for use in England, Wales and Northern Ireland only.

Law firm managed

Price: £99.00
As part of this service, Nelsons will complete a Limited Review which will include reviewing the answers you input to the system, answering any reasonable questions you may have and making minor changes required to ensure you receive a document that is suitable your requirements based on the answers you gave the system. The time we spend on your document is limited, but designed to fit most people’s needs. Should your document require significant extra work, we will provide you with a quote for the additional work.

Included in this service:

Licence for an employee to occupy residential accommodation (Guidance Notes)