If you have a complaint about the Document Assembly Service alone, please contact our customer relations team by email: email@example.com or by post to:
Nelsons Solicitors Limited
8 Stanford St
In the event that your complaints relate to any acts or omissions on our part under the Limited Engagement or other engagement for the provision of legal services, our obligations to you under Rule 2.05 Solicitors Code of Conduct 2007 remain unaffected.
- If you encounter any problems, including anything relating to our bill, or financial services products, try to resolve them with your lawyer or the named Director first. If the problem is not resolved, you have the right to complain direct to the Managing Director Chris Miller who will implement our internal Complaints Procedure, a copy of which will be supplied to you at the time.
- If your complaint is still not resolved, provided you do so ordinarily within 6 months of our written response to your complaint, you can refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman by telephone on 0300 555 0333, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 15870, Birmingham B30 9EB. The Ombudsman's powers do not apply to all clients.
- There may be a right to object to our bill by applying to the court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. The Legal Ombudsman may not accept a referral if the court assessment process has been started.
- If all or part of a bill remains unpaid, Nelsons may be permitted to charge interest on unpaid sums.
- In the event of an unsuccessful challenge to our charges, we reserve the right, so far as our professional rules permit, to charge you for the work done and any expenses payable by us as a result.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Your acceptance of these Conditions signifies your consent and agreement to them.